- 1 Should I include my personal blog on my resume?
- 2 How do you write a blog resume?
- 3 What do you write in a personal blog?
- 4 Can you put personal experience on a resume?
- 5 What skills does a blogger need?
- 6 How do you list social media skills on a resume?
- 7 What is the job description of a blogger?
- 8 How do I write a resume for content writer?
- 9 What is blog example?
- 10 What does a personal blog mean?
- 11 How do you start a personal blog?
- 12 What should not be included in a resume?
- 13 How do I write my work experience?
- 14 What should be the hobbies in resume?
Should I include my personal blog on my resume?
Include your blog on your resume if… The content is mostly geared towards a topic or theme (vs. personal ) and you are knowledgeable in the area. However, having a following of readers is a good “gut check” which could indicate whether your interviewer or resume reviewer will also find you to be a reliable source.
How do you write a blog resume?
How to List Your Work Experience as a Blog Writer
- Use reverse chronological format. List your most recent jobs and articles first, as this shows managers how you’ve gained experience in the industry.
- Use action verbs related to Blog Writing. Verbs are critical to demonstrating what you can do for the company.
What do you write in a personal blog?
- One Hobby. Let’s say that you’re really into golf.
- Multiple Hobbies. Sometimes you can combine hobbies.
- Work. Work is something we spend a lot of time doing in our lives.
- Something You Want To Learn. You don’t have to be an expert at something to write a blog about it.
- Personal Cause.
- Local Happenings.
Can you put personal experience on a resume?
While every resume should include sections like education and professional experience, you might consider adding optional information depending on your background. Some companies may look favorably on resumes that include hobbies and interests as they might help employers connect with you on a personal level.
What skills does a blogger need?
12 Essential Skills of a Professional Blogger
- Content Writing. The most important thing in blogging is content.
- Photo Editing. Blog posts with images get 94% more views than those without.
- CSS and HTML.
- Social Networking.
- SEO and Analytics.
- Understanding the audience.
7 Ways to Make Your Social Media Resume Look Awesome
- Highlight Your Communication Skills. Social media is all about connections and communication.
- Brag About Your Copywriting Skills.
- Get Creative.
- Showcase Prior Social Media Success.
- Get Analytical.
- Know Your Social Platforms.
- Show Off Your Image Formatting.
What is the job description of a blogger?
Bloggers write, edit, post, and promote the content on their web pages or websites. They generate and pitch ideas, compose and edit posts, market posts to readers, and conduct research.
How do I write a resume for content writer?
So your writing resume needs to be concise, interesting…and totally free of errors. Focus on how you crank out copy for targeted readers. Provide a link to your online portfolio of writing samples. Also mention your fluency with content management systems (CMS) and related software.
What is blog example?
A blog (a shortened version of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first, at the top. It is a platform where a writer or a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
What does a personal blog mean?
The personal blog is an ongoing online diary or commentary written by an individual, rather than a corporation or organization. A type of weblog in which posts are written and published by more than one author.
How do you start a personal blog?
How to Become a Blogger in 5 Simple Steps
- Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting.
- Start your blog by adding WordPress.
- Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
- Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
- Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.
What should not be included in a resume?
Things not to put on your resume
- Too much information.
- A solid wall of text.
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Inaccuracies about your qualifications or experience.
- Unnecessary personal information.
- Your age.
- Negative comments about a former employer.
- Details about your hobbies and interests.
How do I write my work experience?
Work Experience Descriptions
- Begin each item by stating the name of the place, location, dates, and job title (e.g. manager, volunteer) List experiences in reverse chronological order (most current experience first).
- Describe your responsibilities in concise statements led by strong verbs.
What should be the hobbies in resume?
Examples of top 15 best hobbies and personal interests to put on a resume:
- Volunteering and community involvement.
- Learning languages.